Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week #1: Looking Back, Moving Forward.

When I reviewed the past week, I tended to focus on all the hardships I endured;  Richard Cory reciting, vocab tests, and the drag of school.  But, there are things from this past week that I learned that, "Hey, I can't really do that," or "That worked well, I need to do that more often!"

Truthfully, a number of things could attract my focus in a bad way that takes away from my learning experience.  People in class being stupid, home troubles, time carved out to show my dogs some love (I'm a big dog person).  But I think I should be perfectly fine.  I adore the whole blogging concept!  Love it, love it, love it!!  To get back on topic, I do believe the best school-related event which changed my outlook on grades was reciting Richard Cory for Mrs. Byrne's English 2 Honors class and nailing it!  I felt so empowered, I was so stoked for the rest of the class period and the entire day, in fact.  That moment made me realize, "Why was I so worried about this?  I just mopped the floor with that poem!"  I feel so content with this english class.  I'm happy I'm going to get an AP like setting in which to find my true ability to excel in the school setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment