Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blog Assignment #1

When I was choosing my classes (perk of being a teacher's kid) for the next year, I saw that Dr. Preston had  an AmLit class open.  I wasn't ready to give up the Honors/AP style of English, and a good friend and former student was just gushing about her blog and the class and the Doc.  So I was like, "Why not?  I've heard so much about his regular class being not much different from an AP class, and I want to prove to myself I can handle an AP class."

I believe that, under Dr. Preston's guidance, I can find in myself the confidence to speak and be heard.  I have always hated getting up and talking to my peers, even though talking to a room full of adults is no problem.  Being in Boy Scouts of America and inches from the rank of Eagle Scout has done that to me. But I don't expect the knowledge to just hit me.  I know I have to go into the work and find answers for my own quest of understanding and application.

I am so excited about establishing myself on the worldwide web.  I feel so... empowered!  It's exhilarating!  It might be a little too early, but I feel ready to take on Dr. Preston's AP Lit class Senior year.  It'll be fun and challenging.  I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment