Wednesday, May 15, 2013

JOHNNY CYBERPUNK

First Reaction- "... What is he saying?!?"
Second Reaction- "Woah, how cool!"
Third Reaction- *Mind being blown*

Overall, this story had a wonderfull impact on my thinking.  Sure, could've used some spell-check, but maybe that was part of the plan.  No one could ever know, could they?  But the best thing about "Johnny Mnemonic" was the fact that it was so far into the future, yet so... not.  You following me?  I mean, it seemed like some things were impossibly outdated, and there were other things that were so beyond my comprehension of technology that the language and plot left me in the dust.  Yet I continued after that plot, not only because it was so sci-fi but because I wanted to see how the story played out.  And much to my delight, there was a giant climatic battle and a cliff-hanger ending that only increased my respect and reverence for William Gibson (I mean, who thinks of cyborg dolphins?!  Genius!!!!!!)

CA out.

No comments:

Post a Comment