Monday, October 1, 2012

HomeWork for 10/1


1. Spend time with "Dream Within a Dream"-- you'll need to be able to recite it from memory by Wednesday, 10.3
2. Take a walk by yourself.  Think.  Observe.  Write it all down.
3. Research Romanticism online and find 3 websites you think are credible.  Bookmark or cut/paste the URLs.
4. Using what you learned on these websites, read what you wrote and analyze whether it qualifies as Romantic literature.  Provide at least three reasons for your conclusion.
5. Post all the information from #1-3 to your blog by Monday, 10.1


  1. Right now, I am sitting in a tall tree with a pad of paper an a pencil, and I can't help myself from thinking about the recent activities that have cropped up in my life.  Like how, just last week I fell out of a relationship, only to find myself jumping right back into one.  Sports are going not quite as planned, but still rock.  I realize that my life is not at all complex or terribly hard.  You might even say that I have it kind of easy (I would disagree, but whatever.) .  It's hard to clear my mind, because it seems to be going a mile a minute, and I can never focus on stuff for more than an hour (except for when it comes to books.  Pulled an all-nighter once reading all the books on my Kindle... about twelve of them, one more that 800 pages.).  And maybe music.  I love music.  It inspires me, makes me want to transcend the expectations of my stereotyped "teenage laziness" that my generation has been branded with.

  1. (3.)  Inferring from the research, I have come to the conclusion that I had almost written a Romantic piece of literature.  I used "I", but I did not include a lot of feeling and natural themes into my writing.  There was also not enough thoughts about what makes me human, according to the sites.  So yeah, almost.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is pretty sick. Both design and information wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your blog looking for your ideas on how to prepare for Vocab but got distracted by the rest of your blog (and you don't have it)

    ReplyDelete